Monday 7 December 2009

Audience Feedback

I received a nice email from one of our regluar attenders today. It's always nice when audiences write and tell us what they think and to know that they read this blog.

From: Donald Judge
Sent: 05 December 2009 10:22
To: sally boyd
Subject: RE: Octagon Theatre news - Oliver Twist Reviews

Dear Sally

Thank you for this. I get to most shows at The Octagon, and while occasionally I don't like a play, I'm always impressed with the productions and the acting. Recently, I thought The Merchant of Venice and All My Sons were among the best of the very many productions I've seen in the past year.

I saw Oliver Twist on Thursday afternoon, in the company of a large primary school party - always a measure of how good a show is! Their reactions and concentration in the 'quiet' bits confirmed just how good a version and production this is. I've seen some of Deborah McAndrew's work elsewhere and thought the script was terrific - allowing youngsters to follow the story, and us oldies to see the deeper bits. I thought the violence was especially well done, bearing in mind that many of the audience will be of a tender age. I loved the music, and the way actors switched from role to role was most impressive.

On the train going to Bolton I read Natalie Anglesey's review, and thought I might be a bit disappointed, but not a bit... And while I still rate Oliver! as one of the really great musicals, it was refreshing to see the story presented differently... And with Pantos everywhere, this was a welcome antidote! As a retired teacher, I hope you have many schools through your doors to experience 'real' theatre of such excellent quality.

Thanks also for the link to the blog, which makes very interesting reading.

Looking forward to my next visit to the Octagon.
Best wishes
Donald Judge


Thanks Donald. If any of you kind readers would like to submit your comments you can do so in the comments section of each post.
blog comments powered by Disqus