Thursday 25 February 2010

A very nice email...

We have been sent a very nice email from someone that came to see A Midsummer Night's Dream. We are also getting some really great comments on our new ' customer feedback wall' downstairs. the meial was so nice I thoought I would re-produce it here.

Dear Marie,

You went to such trouble to ensure that my children and I would enjoy the performance of
A Midsummer Night's Dream today that I thought I would let you know that we really did!

A sensuous and seductive Titania (oh to be able to move like that!), a beautiful and truly sympathetic portrayal of Helena, a Lysander and a Demetrius in whom we actually believed, an absolutely side-splitting play within a play (wherein Bottom and Wall particularly surpassed themselves), a fiery and determined Hermia, wonderful music, great setting, divine costumes (I want Oberon's coat). It was just marvellous from start to finish.
My 10 and 8 year olds loved it and followed the script easily because it was so exquisitely delivered (isn't it incredible that the language is still so alive after all these years?). My 8 year old had tears rolling down his cheeks by the final act and my 10-year-old didn't interrupt once - rare indeed!

I have never yet been disappointed by the Octagon, but today was a real theatre-going climax for us. Thankyou so much, and please pass on our congratulations to players and producer.

Best wishes,

Dawn

PS there was but one moment of potential embarrassment when both children whispered simultaneously "what IS going on?" as Titania leapt upon the all-too-accommodating Bottom in the elevated bed and the lid was closed upon the bizarre lovers - I deftly sidestepped the issue with a "she is tickling him" and escaped unscathed (phew).

Thanks for taking the time to write in. So what do the rest of you think? How about making a comment below...
blog comments powered by Disqus