Friday 5 February 2010

I had a weird dream last night....

A Midsummer Night's Dream opened last night and I am more than a little excited. Ever since seeing the set model for this one, I have been looking forward to it with eager anticipation. The actual set more than lives up to it's model but even better as it is life-sized and the auditorium looks like a mixture of something out of Willy Wonka's factory, crossed with a ball crawl and the type of hallucinations you might have seen if you embraced the 1960s a bit too wholeheartedly!

And looking at the production images today has only heightened my desire to see this show. Although, I am a big fan of his work, Ian Tilton has outdone himself this time round as he has caught some fabulous moments despite the sheer number of cast and frenetic, crazy pace of the production. Take a look....






My admiration also goes to the wonders of wardrobe for the spectacular range of costumes and Ashley for his awesome design. It's going to be a good night....

blog comments powered by Disqus